80 John Street commonly known as the South Star Condominium is a condominium building located in the Financial District. Located on John Street between Gold and William Street, it is conveniently located in the emerging residential neighborhood that is the Financial District. 80 John Street was originally built 1927 in the art deco architectural style. It was converted from an office building to a residential rental building in the late 1990’s and then converted from rental to a condominium building in 2007.
This combination of pre-war architecture with today’s high end conversion style has created a very desirable building. The South Star is a full time doorman building, there is a fitness room, live-in super, and garage facilities within the building. The building has 5 set backs creating a unique exposure and layout characteristic for many of the residences.
The apartments themselves have a lot of unique characteristics including high ceilings, typically ranging in size around 10 feet 6 inches, various layouts that are extremely spacious, along with high end finishes.
The apartments have wide planked Brazilian hardwoods, individual climate controls, large windows, and luxury appointed kitchens and bathrooms. The kitchens have cherry cabinetry with granite counter tops. The appliance package includes Sub Zero, Bosch and GE stainless steel appliances. The bathrooms include custom designed vanities, floor to ceiling imported tile, under mounted sinks and interior designs.
The building was converted in 2007 and there are some re-sale units on the market with a combination of different layouts.
Pricing for condominium residences at 80 John Street the South Star:
- Studio apartments with separate sleeping areas are priced around $625,000
- One bedroom condos for sale range in price from $695,000-$895,000
- Two Bedroom condominiums for sale at 80 John Street are in the range of $899,000-$999,000
- Three Bedroom apartments for sale at the South Star range from $1,350,000 to $1,450,000
We also have other condo available in different buildings in Financial District if you are looking to purchase a home in this neighborhood. Contact us now so we can discuss how you can find the right home for your needs and time frame.
Other helpful and useful blog posts about Manhattan New York Real Estate market:
- Types of NYC Apartment Buildings (Prewar, postwar, lofts, high-rises & others)
- Financial District Manhattan New York neighborhood
- Use Local Expert for you Manhattan New York condo purchase
- How to determine a good Manhattan New York condo investment
- (5)Five Big tips for Parents Buying for Children in Manhattan New York